Electric Vehicles and Induction Heating
In the past few years, people’s demand for electric vehicles has increased significantly, and electric vehicles have become a new track pursued by major automobile manufacturers. Due to the large output characteristics of the power system of electric vehicles, the original heat treatment technology of auto parts either cannot meet the high torque and durability requirements or is expensive.
Due to the congenital deficiency of the power battery’s own weight, manufacturers are seeking a solution for the balance between the cruising range of electric vehicles and the high torque of the motor.
Under the application of KETCHAN‘s induction heating hardening technology and the actual production of manufacturers, it helps electric vehicle manufacturers and parts suppliers to improve accessories that can withstand greater torque and meet durability. KETCHAN’s induction heating welding technology can help reduce weight and improve product consistency in the welded assembly of aerospace aluminum or composite materials used in electric vehicles.
What is induction heating?
Induction heating is to use electromagnetic induction to heat the inside of the material to generate electric energy. Relying on the energy of these eddy currents, the workpiece can be locally heated without deformation. The basic components of an induction heating system include an induction coil, an AC induction heating power supply and a workpiece. Depending on what is being heated, the induction coils can be made in different shapes.
What can induction heating do for the electric vehicle industry?
- Surface hardening heat treatment of steering system: steering ball joint, ball socket, connecting rod, etc.
- Engine main shaft, the power shaft, the input shaft, the output shaft, the gear, ring gear heat treating
- Induction heating shrink assembly of motors, induction hardening of inner walls of motors, surface hardening of rotors
- Surface hardening of gears and shafts in electric transmissions
- Induction welding of power battery radiator and heat dissipation strip
- Induction brazing of air-conditioning refrigeration and heating systems (HVAC brazing with induction)
Why use induction heating in the electric vehicle industry?
- The induction heating speed is fast, no pollution, no open flame, no exhaust gas, no burning of the workpiece. Low cost, high product consistency and easy automation.
- Induction heating has the same environmental attributes as electric vehicles
Why use KETCHAN's induction heating in the electric vehicle industry?
Since 2000, KETCHAN have helped thousands of global heat treatment industries find smart induction heat treatment solutions in induction brazing, induction hardening, heat treating, shrink-fitting, annealing, induction melting, and other induction applications.
Our technical research and development team is a group of dynamic young talents, they are all professional university graduates, and have unlimited possibilities, looking forward to the opportunity to help you find the right induction heat treatment solution.
In the future, we will cooperate more closely with universities in research and development, relying on the strength of universities, looking for more applications of induction heating, and serving our users much better.
Thermal Assembly of Electric Vehicle Motor
Start Gear Hardening Heat Treating
Automatic induction welding for aluminum heat exchanger
Induction Brazing Automotive Evaporator Aluminum Tube
Induction Brazing Automobile Evaporator
Auto Parts Induction Hardening
Induction Hardening Gear Axle
Induction Hardening Shifting Fork
Induction Hardening Components End Surface
Tags:Electric Car, Electric Vehicle, Electric Vehicle Induction Brazing, Electric Vehicle Induction hardening, Electric Vehicle Induction Heating, Electric Vehicle Induction Welding Electric Vehicle parts heat treating, EV, induction brazing, induction hardening, induction hardening machine, induction heater, induction heating, induction heating machine, induction welding, KETCHAN, Zhengzhou KETCHAN