What is gear hardening machine?
Gear hardening machine is processing equipment for surface induction hardening or full gear, sprocket, and other shafts workpiece induction quenching process, the purpose of the gear hardening is to strengthen its toughness. At present, the gear quenching equipment is mainly used in the induction hardening of all kinds of gears, sprockets, shafts, all kinds of half shafts, plate springs, forks, valves, rocker arms, ball pins, and other auto parts.
Principle of gear induction hardening: Place the workpiece into the induction coil, When a certain frequency of alternating current passes through the induction coil, an alternating magnetic field is generated around it. The electrical energy of the high-density current on the surface of the workpiece will be converted into heat energy so that the temperature of the surface will rise, and the surface heating can be realized. The higher the current frequency is, the larger the current density difference between the workpiece surface and interior, and the thinner the heating layer is. When the temperature of the heating layer exceeds the steel critical temperature, it is cooled rapidly to achieve the surface quenching effects.
Why use gear hardening machine?
In the actual induction heat treatment production process, we found that the workpiece surface (gears surface) which is quenched by the gear tooth surface quenching furnace is not good in wear resistance, hardness is not high enough, and it is easy to wear and deformation. Therefore, with the development of science and technology, people found that gear induction hardening equipment to do the gear surface hardening technology process. Gear induction hardening machine quenching purpose is to make the supercooled austenite martensite or bainite transformation, get martensite or bainite structure. Then match with different induction tempering temperatures, to greatly improve the steel strength, hardness, wear resistance, fatigue strength, and toughness. So as to meet various mechanical parts and tools and different heat treatment requirements. It can also adjust the heat treatment process of induction quenching equipment to meet the special physical and chemical properties such as ferromagnetism and corrosion resistance of some special steels.
What are gear hardening machine applications?
The gear hardening machine has the functions of continuous induction quenching, simultaneous quenching, piecewise continuous quenching, piecewise simultaneous quenching, and so on. It is mainly used for surface quenching of shaft parts such as half shaft, drive shaft, camshaft, spline shaft, gear shaft, and so on, and induction quenching of gear, ring, sprocket, and plate parts.
According to different heat treatment parts, choose different induction hardening processes, normally for smaller gears always choose the whole gear induction hardening process, and for larger gears always choose the gear single tooth induction hardening method.
What are gear hardening machine features?
- Ketchan’s gear hardening machine adopts PLC industrial digital control system, with advanced performance and easy debugging, which can meet different complex workpiece induction quenching process.
- The guide rail adopts linear bearing, high precision, small friction, and long life.
- Gear quenching machine can realize the induction quenching modes: continuous scanning quenching, simultaneous quenching, piecewise continuous scanning quenching (piecewise depends on the setting degree, no travel switch), and piecewise simultaneous induction quenching.
- Low operating cost. It only needs 250W to drive the workpiece, and the power consumption of the whole machine is less than one-fifth of the mechanical equipment.
- Control interfaces for quenching heating and cooling water are reserved for the electrical control system of the gear quenching machine. The quenching process and cooling process can be controlled according to process requirements.
- Easy to use and maintenance, low failure rate, no leakage phenomenon, to solve the old machine tool problem.
- The high degree of automation, high production efficiency.
- It is suitable for typical workpiece (in the corresponding size range) shaft class: all kinds of shaft class, step shaft, gear shaft, camshaft, half shaft, disk parts of the outer circle, end face, etc.
- Gear hardening machine adopts profile structure body, low cost, lightweight, economical and practical.
How to select a suitable gear hardening machine?
- The complete gear hardening machine consists of an induction heating power supply, CNC hardening machine tool, cooling system, and customized induction coils.
- Leave a message to us about your heat treatment parts drawings, and hardening pictures you have used, so that we can contact and quote you accordingly.
- We support free testing in our factory for your heat-treated parts.