Induction hardening equipment is a heating system used for surface hardening and through hardening of mechanical parts using the principle of induction heating. Induction heating allows heat to apply on a particular area of the part, and precise hardening in a particular zone ensures good hardening quality. Induction hardening equipment can be used for various types of workpieces such as shafts, gears, couplings, brake discs, chains, rolls, pipes, slabs, rods, etc.
Ketchan offers different models and features of induction hardening equipment for different applications and industries
What are the advantages of induction hardening equipment?
- It increases the wear resistance, strength, and fatigue life of the metal parts by creating a hard martensitic case on the surface while maintaining a tough core.
- It allows selective hardening of specific areas of the parts without masking, which reduces distortion and saves material and energy costs.
- It is a fast, repeatable, and controllable process that can be integrated into production lines and automated with computerized systems.
- It can be used for various types of materials such as low carbon steels, cast irons, and alloy steels, and for different geometries such as gears, shafts, rods, and pipes.
- It can be tempered after hardening to adjust the hardness level as desired.
What are the applications of induction hardening equipment?
- It can harden various automotive parts, such as transmission shafts, gears, internal combustion engine parts, and reducer parts. This improves the wear resistance and strength of the parts that are subjected to heavy loading and torsional stress.
- It can harden various machine components, such as camshafts, drive shafts, output shafts, torsion bars, rocker arms, CV joints, tulips, valves, rock drills, slewing rings, etc. This enhances the durability and performance of the components that are exposed to impact forces and friction.
- It can harden various tools and cutting instruments, such as surgical blades, hand-held marking stamps, saw blades, etc. This increases the sharpness and hardness of the edges that need to be cut through different materials.
- It can harden various hydraulic cylinders and pistons rods. This improves the resistance to wear and corrosion of the parts that operate in harsh environments with high pressure and temperature.
How to select induction hardening equipment?
To select induction hardening equipment, you need to consider several factors:
- The size, shape, and material of the workpiece that you want to harden
- The depth and pattern of the hardened layer that you want to achieve
- The heating time and production rate that you require
- The frequency and power of the induction heating equipment that suits your application
- The design and efficiency of the induction coil and quench system that matches your workpiece geometry
- The cost and size of the induction hardening equipment and tooling that fits your budget and space
You can consult our induction hardening equipment engineers to get more guidance on selecting the best induction hardening equipment for your needs. We can also provide you with customized solutions based on your specifications and requirements.
Tags:applications of induction hardening machine, induction hardening, induction hardening applications, induction hardening automobile components, induction hardening equipment, induction hardening machine, induction hardening machine advantages, induction hardening machine tool, Induction hardening process, induction hardening solutions, induction hardening system, induction hardening tempering, KETCHAN Electronic, select induction hardening machine, Zhengzhou KETCHAN, Zhengzhou KETCHAN Electronic