What is a medium frequency induction heater?
The medium frequency induction heater working principle is: Place the workpiece in the induction coil, which is generally a hollow copper pipe with an input medium frequency level. An alternating magnetic field generates an induced current of the same frequency in the workpiece. The distribution of this induced current in the workpiece is not uniform. Strong on the surface, weak on the inside, close to 0 at the core part. Using this skin effect, the surface of the workpiece can be heated rapidly, and the surface temperature can rise to 800-1000 degrees in a few seconds, while the temperature of the core is very small.
A medium frequency induction heater is mainly used in many fields such as industrial metal parts surface hardening, metal melting, all kinds of bar material forging, which makes the workpiece surface produce a certain induction current and rapidly heat the surface of parts, so as to achieve the effect of rapid surface heating and even diaphoretic melting.
Medium frequency induction heater with its high heating efficiency, fast speed, good controllability, and easy to realize mechanization, automation, and other advantages, has been widely used in induction melting, casting, bending, hot forging, welding and surface heat treatment industries.
Why use the medium frequency induction heaters?
- Medium frequency induction heater with high heating temperature and non-contact heating.
- High heating efficiency – energy saving.
- Fast heating speed – the surface of the heated material oxidizes less.
- Easy temperature control – stable product quality, worry-free.
- Local heating – good quality and energy saving.
- Easy to realize automatic control – labor-saving.
- Good working environment – almost no heat, noise, and dust.
- Small footprint and high productivity.
- Can heat the workpiece with a complex shape, and a wide application area.
- Easy and uniform heating of workpieces – good product quality
What is the medium frequency induction heater application?
A medium frequency induction heater is mainly used for the metal parts induction forging, and induction melting passions. such as
- Induction heating and forging standard parts.
- All kinds of metal parts induction melting.
- Motor rotor induction heating assembly.
- Tube ends are heating and expanding.
- Mould induction heating forging.
- Shaft parts medium frequency induction hardening.
- Pipelines Weld preheating or post-weld tempering.
What are the medium frequemcy induction heater models?
Input power supply
Three phases 380V 50/60HZ
100HZ-20KHZ, according to the customer’s heated parts choose the best frequency range.
100%, 24 hours continuous working ability
Our standard medium frequency induction heater is a three-phase 380V input voltage, suitable for 50 or 60HZ; Three-phase 400V, three-phase 415V, three-phase 440V, three-phase 460V and three-phase 480V intermediate frequency power supply can be customized. Also can be customized three-phase 220V intermediate frequency power supply;
How to choose a suitable medium frequency induction heater?
When choosing the different medium frequency induction heaters should consider two important factors, one is power and one is frequency.
Power: The induction heater power decide the workpiece heating speed, the bigger the power level, the faster the heating speed.
According to different workpiece weights, heating temperatures, and heating speed choose the suitable medium frequency induction heater power level.
Frequency level: The heating depth decides the frequency level, the deeper the hardening depth, the lower the frequency level should be. The medium frequency induction heater frequency level range is 0.1-20KHZ.