What’s Induction forging?
Table of Contents
The core principle of induction forging furnace is to convert power frequency 50HZ AC to medium frequency (300HZ-20khz). The three-phase alternating current is rectified into direct current, Then the direct current is changed into adjustable intermediate frequency current through a frequency conversion device, and the intermediate frequency alternating current flows through the capacitor and induction coil, creating dense magnetic field lines in the induction coil, and cut the metal material which is placed in the induction coil, creating a large eddy current in the metal material, which also has some properties of intermediate frequency current. That is the heat generated by the flow of the metal’s own free electrons through a resistive metal body.
What Are the Components of Induction Forging Furnace?
Induction forging heating electric furnace production line mainly consists of the following four parts:
- Automatic feeding device: it is composed of a storage platform, turning rack, and feeder.
- Medium frequency induction forging furnace: it is composed of a medium frequency induction heating power supply, induction heater, capacitor cabinet, and frame.
- Automatic blanking device: mainly composed of blanking punch and blanking combination mold.
- Electrical system: mainly composed of the infrared temperature measuring device, frequency conversion speed regulating device, and other control circuits.
Automatic induction forging furnace equipment, the complete induction forging system is composed of: a medium frequency induction heating power supply, capacitance cabinet, induction forging inductor, automatic feeding rack, unloading rack, and control cabinet.
Medium frequency induction forging power supply adopts split structure design, power supply cabinet is GGD standard cabinet. The compact design of the capacitance cabinet and inductor improves heating efficiency. Reasonable control of the distance between the inductor and the heating ring shortens the exposure time of the red hot rod in the air, reduces the oxide skin of the rod, and reduces energy consumption. According to the process parameters set by the user, the speed of the transmission mechanism is automatically controlled. When there is no workpiece in the inductor, the automatic control system automatically reduces the output power of the intermediate frequency induction forging power supply. When the workpiece enters the inductor, the automatic control system automatically increases the output power of the intermediate frequency induction heating power supply.
What is Induction Forging Application Fields?
Induction heating forging, as a new subject, has been applied in the past 30 years. In today’s energy shortage, its importance is particularly prominent, technology is rapidly improving, and its use of increasingly extensive. Induction heating technology has been developed in China since the reform and opening up, and its application prospect is very promising.
- Induction forging heating: used for steel round steel, square steel, and steel plate diathermy, and induction heating, Online induction heating, local induction heating forging, online induction forging of metal materials (such as precision forging of gears, semi-shaft connecting rods, bearings, etc.), extrusion, hot rolling, heating before shearing, spraying heating, thermal assembly and overall induction tempering, induction annealing, induction tempering of metal materials, etc.
- Induction heat treatment: mainly for the shaft (straight shaft, reducer shaft, camshaft, crankshaft, gear shaft, etc.); Gear, sleeve, ring, disc, machine tool screw, guide rail, plane, ball head, hardware tools and other machinery (automobile, motorcycle) parts of the surface induction heat treatment and metal material overall induction quenching and tempering, annealing, tempering and so on.
Why Use Induction Forging?
The first is low energy consumption. The actual heat efficiency of billet heating in induction melting furnaces and induction forging furnaces can reach 65% ~ 75%, while that in the flame furnaces and various chamber furnaces is only about 30%.
- Compare to the traditional induction heating method. It has the obvious advantages of environmental protection, energy saving, convenient operation and low labor intensity.
- Compared with SCR if, energy saving is 10-30%, no harmonic interference to power grid.
- Compared with resistance furnace, energy saving is 50-60%.
- The product has the advantages of fast induction heating, uniform induction heating, no oxidation layer, good quality, and so on.
- The induction coil is insulated by a transformer, which is very safe.
- Environmental protection: no pollution, noise, and dust.
- Strong adaptability: it can heat workpiece of different shape.
- The induction forging equipment occupies a small area, less than two square meters, convenient for customers to maximize the use of production space.
How to Choose the Suitable Induction Forging System?
How to choose the right induction forging furnace, mainly from the following aspects to consider:
- The shape and size of the workpiece being heated
The large workpiece, bar material, or solid material, should be selected relative big power, low-frequency induction heating equipment; Small workpiece, pipe, plate, gear, etc., choose the induction heating machine with low relative power and high frequency.
- Depth and area to be heated
Deep induction heating depth, large area, overall induction heating, should choose large power, low-frequency induction heating machine; Shallow heating depth, small area, local heating, selection of relatively small power, high-frequency induction heating system.
- Heating speed
If the heating speed is fast, the induction forging furnace with relatively large power and relatively high frequency should be selected.
- The induction forging machine continues working time
Continuous working time is long, relatively choose the induction heating furnace with slightly larger power.
- Distance between the induction coil and the machine
Long connection, even should use the water-cooled cable connection, should choose a large power induction forging furnace.
- The technological requirements
Generally speaking, induction quenching, induction welding, and other processes choose relatively small power, high frequency induction heating equipment. Induction annealing, Induction tempering, and other induction heating processes should choose large power, low frequency induction heating equipment. Hot forging, red blanking, smelting, etc., need good power diathermy effect, then need to choose the induction heating machine with large power and low frequency.
- Workpiece material of induction heating
Metal materials with high melting points need to choose high power induction heating equipment, low melting points need to choose low power induction heating machines, low resistivity needs to choose high power equipment, and high resistivity needs to choose low power induction heating system.
What is the Future of the Induction Forging?
With the development of market demand, the development of induction heating machine shows that power supply becomes high-frequency with the large capacity of electronic induction forging power supply, and the control simulation of electronic technology devices develops to digitalization and automatic control to intelligence. The development trend of induction heating machines presents the following characteristics:
(1). Induction heating machine tends to be high frequency and large capacity
The thyristor is mainly used in the medium frequency induction heating power supply. The super audio segment mainly adopts IGBT; The high frequency band used to be SIT, and the MOSFET power supply is now mainly developed. Power supplies using IGBT have also begun to appear. The need for high frequency induction heating power supply gives birth to new power devices which in turn promote the development of high frequency induction heating systems. Large capacity induction heating equipment, such as tens of megawatts, hundreds of megawatts, can be achieved.
(2). Induction heating machines tend to mechanization, automation
In recent years, with the rapid development of mechatronics, computers, information and control, equipment automation, new materials, new technology, casting, forging and heat treatment process tend to be digital, precise. The demand trend reflected in heating is digital manufacturing in the casting and forging process, including heating and melting equipment; Casting and forging short process production requirements to reduce resource waste; Production of large castings and forgings requires industrial energy saving; Cleaner production under automatic control.
Therefore, induction heating equipment in its energy-saving and environmental protection characteristics, market demand to large-scale, automation and control of the intelligent direction of development trend.
Tags:aluminum forging, automatic forging, billet forging, copper forging, for Sale, high frequency forging, hot forge, hot forging, induction forging, induction forging equipment, induction forging furnace, induction forging machine, induction heater, induction heating, induction heating forge, induction heating forging, induction heating machine, KETCHAN, KETCHAN Electronic, Manufacturers, price, steel forging, Suppliers, Zhengzhou KETCHAN, Zhengzhou KETCHAN Electronic
- You can visit Zhengzhou KETCHAN electronic Co.,ltd Youtube video room for more. Thanks.